Ampeg no longer made in St. Louis

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Sanctum, Oct 3, 2003.

1. Well I dont' know if this is old news, or if it even matters (except to those who lost jobs here in St. Louis) but St. Louis Music Co. moved all the Ampeg production to a new automated factory in Little Rock, Arkansas. The only thing left here in St. Louis is the Research and Design Center.

Just thought I'd pass that along as I only heard about it last night.
  2. Arthur Poon

Arthur Poon

Jul 13, 2003
    This is the first I've heard about it. At least they have'nt sent their production to the Orient.
  3. Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    What's up with that???? Hopefully the service will be the same unlike SWR which has totally gone to shiznit....

So will they now be St. Louis Music Co. by way of Little Rock?????
  4. notanaggie

notanaggie Guest

Sep 30, 2003
    Service is still where it was. Head office etc is in the same place.

Word I have is that the switchover has been going on for a while, model by model so it isn't a sudden thing.

Some of the St Louis people are probably going down to the new place too.

And, yeah, beats heck out of china.....I don't think the Ampeg folks want to do the china thing....even if the parent Co has stuff over there...

With any luck they will keep Ampeg made in the US. Somebody has to make something here..... But I bet there are two or three places in china already making knock-off copies labeled Ampeg....there are knock-off copies of everything else, and all of china only buys one legitimate version of any microsoft program...the rest are copies