Ampeg Or Gallien-Krueger? (The Cab Poll)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by supernaut_1, Jan 6, 2004.

1. Ampeg

27 vote(s)
  2. Gallien-Krueger

23 vote(s)
  1. supernaut_1

supernaut_1 Guest

Dec 16, 2002
    the other post made me wonder who usually makes better cabs, ampeg or gallien-krueger?
  2. Well there's my not so unbiased vote.
  3. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    I like Ampeg cabs a lot more. I am not biased by the brand names either b/c I use both brands. They're just punchier. And they sound better.
  4. xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    GK GK GK GK GK GK GK KG GK GK GK GK GK GK !!!!!!!!!!!

Aug 13, 2003
    Sulphur LA
    Well you know.......I voted GK too. Can you imagine?
  6. In the words of Paul Newman, "Ampeg user's reason, Ampeg user's reason, Ampeg user's reason to live...":bassist:
  7. Mattski

Jan 6, 2003
    Cleveland, OH
    Are you thinking of Randy Newman?
  8. I guess I fail the pop culture quiz:meh:

Aug 13, 2003
    Sulphur LA
    Dan is getting a sense of humor. Hmm. Must be NAMM time pressure. Go easy on him. He's about to crack. :p
  10. pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Gallien-Krueger :bassist:
  11. i went for ampeg, ive played on both, i just like the classic ampegs stile, the deep bass... gk is alittle more stringy sounding
  12. MMSterling

MMSterling Guest

Feb 19, 2004
    Leicester, England
  13. steve_man

May 15, 2002
    does any body know the tone diff between...

Ampeg 410 HLF

and a

GK 410 SBX???
  14. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Well, the HLF stands for hella low frequencies. This cab pumps out the lows. It's all about the bootay. I'm not farmiliar with that GK cab... my GC only has the BLX and the RBH's, no SBX yet. Alot of higher end cabs can be had used for the price of the HLF- I've seen some used Epifani 4x10's go for the same cheese as a new HLF... and the Epi would smoke the HLF. Aguilar GS 410 and Eden 410XLT are around $500-$600 used as well. I think a higher end used cab is a whole world better than a "middle class" new cab. Buying new stuff is dumb, unless you can't find it used.