Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

AMPEG OR SPECTOR????

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BASSnSAX, Mar 1, 2002.

1. Get the Ampeg rig, your current one sucks!

7 vote(s)
    36.8%
  2. Get the Spector, you'll love it and you need another bass!

9 vote(s)
    47.4%
  3. Neon Pink!

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  1. Geez...idk what to purchase this summer...I know i have to buy a car, but I'd lke to upgrade some of my equipment this summer too...My Equipment is a SWR Workingman 10 combo, an SWR 2004 and 4x10T half stack, and a Washburn XB-200 as my secondary bass.

Here are my choices:
    1.) Ampeg SVT Classic, V-4BH, SVT-2PRO, or SVT-3PRO; an Ampeg SVT-210HE and an Ampeg SVT-15E...about $1600-2000.

2.)Spector NS-JH6CM...maybe Royal Blue or Black Cherry...about $1800.

WHICH ONE?!?!?!?

2. Ahh. credit cards are like free money. Get both :D

I'd say get the bass first. It seems like you have enough amp/cabs to play through. But you'll get more satisfaction out of a new bass to play on. Besides, if you wind up playing shows, you'll prolly go through the PA in order to be heard. You'll be in his hands, so you might as well as make sure you send the best signal as possible.

Spector baby..ya.

3. Idk, my half-stack sounds really bleh bleh bleh. Like a castrated man, it has no balls...The Ampeg made my Washburn (real poopy sounding through my amp) sounded great through the Ampeg SVT-3PRO. I myself would rather probably upgrade to the SVT3-Pro than get the Spector...I mean my Fender Marcus Miller Signature Jazz Bass sounds awesome, so I probably wouldn't need another bass...plus I have to buy a car...

And as for that Credit Card idea? You have to be 18 to apply for plastic...

4. ChronicPyromaniac

ChronicPyromaniac

Jan 25, 2001
    I think you should go for the rig; bad basses sound better through good amps than good basses through bad amps.

5. Chronic, I agree...never hath my Washburn sounded so good...

6. Teenie

Teenie Guest

Mar 4, 2002
    USA, Philly PA
    i have a spector but unfortunately i know nothing about bass

7. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Tough one......... get both!!!!!:rolleyes:

( I voted for the bass)

8. Well, like I've said, I HAVE TO BUY A CAR!!! I ALSO HAVE TO SAVE FOR COLLEGE!!! BUYING BOTH IS OUT OF THE QUESTION!!! ok...there...sorry....

9. ChronicPyromaniac

ChronicPyromaniac

Jan 25, 2001
    Dude, I played my Squier through an Ampeg. It was THE sound for me. Period. Can't wait till I actually buy the amp next week. It's gonna rule!