Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg PBC-228 PortaBass 2” x 8” 200W Bass Combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Iruleonbass, Sep 3, 2005.

1. Iruleonbass

Iruleonbass

May 29, 2005
    New York
    Hi guys, I was planning on getting an ampeg 810 and ampeg CL, But things came up with my car and I no longer have that much money to spend on an amp. So I was looking on musicians friend, and saw that amp. Its in my price range, the only problem is im not sure if it'll be loud enough. I play with a drummer, 1 guitar player, well 2, but he really only plays small fills once in a while, so its many 1 412 I have to keep up with, or some form of loud combo amp and a drummer, and a singer. We are mostly going to be playing back yard parties, so PA systems wont be available to me. Maybe 100-200 people at most. But Im open to any suggestions, as me needing to my self a car has made for loose prefence in my bass gear, so im pretty much open to anything as long as its good.

When I say I lost prefrence, I mean I used to only want to buy ampeg or mesa boogie stuff, but thats all gone now.

Thanks alot
    Sean

Oh yeah, btw, Punk Rock music is what I play, and I play with a pick, I've been asked before, So Im just saying it up front if it makes any diffrence in my amp.