1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ampeg PBC-228 PortaBass 2” x 8” 200W Bass Combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Iruleonbass, Sep 3, 2005.

1. Iruleonbass

Iruleonbass

May 29, 2005
    New York
    Hi guys, I was planning on getting an ampeg 810 and ampeg CL, But things came up with my car and I no longer have that much money to spend on an amp. So I was looking on musicians friend, and saw that amp. Its in my price range, the only problem is im not sure if it'll be loud enough. I play with a drummer, 1 guitar player, well 2, but he really only plays small fills once in a while, so its many 1 412 I have to keep up with, or some form of loud combo amp and a drummer, and a singer. We are mostly going to be playing back yard parties, so PA systems wont be available to me. Maybe 100-200 people at most. But Im open to any suggestions, as me needing to my self a car has made for loose prefence in my bass gear, so im pretty much open to anything as long as its good.

When I say I lost prefrence, I mean I used to only want to buy ampeg or mesa boogie stuff, but thats all gone now.

Thanks alot
    Sean

Oh yeah, btw, Punk Rock music is what I play, and I play with a pick, I've been asked before, So Im just saying it up front if it makes any diffrence in my amp.