Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg PBC-228 Portabass or other lightweight combo...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Inconnu, Dec 15, 2005.

1. Inconnu

Inconnu

Nov 1, 2005
    My bass-ment
    Hi !

I'm looking for a light weight combo for band practice mostly, maybe for small to medium venues. I've heard of the newish Ampeg portabass 200 watt 2x8 combo (35 pounds !) but I can't seem to find any reviews.

Anybody had the chance to try it ? Any other suggestions for light but loud amps ?

Thanks !

2. Lia_G

Lia_G

Oct 27, 2005
    I talked about a couple of options over here:
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=169068

Also in that thread someone linked to a thread where several people had tried the PBC-228, and generally weren't impressed ... never played one myself, though ...

Another option is the Roland Bass Cube 100, which I've also never played, but which gets lots of good reviews.

Good luck ...

3. hey I've tried it and it is really really good.. though the one I used was with a 1x12 speaker.. with the eq flat.. it is as flat as it could be but the eq is very versatile and allows you to control your tone not just change it a little.. it's so light it's not normal.. the one I tried was a portabass amp and portabass cab.. we just put the amp in a little backpack and carried the cab.. it's not normal how portable this is :)