1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg PF 350 Question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lowendblues, Nov 22, 2018.

1. lowendblues

lowendblues Supporting Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Ohio
    I've been looking at one of these as a potential amp for a small rig I'm putting together. I know the PF 500's were plagued with problems, and was wondering what the track record is with the smaller PF 350's? Anyone want to chime in?

sharkbait130 likes this.
  2. The PF 350 s were reliable out of the chute. No major problems with them that I have heard of. The newer PF 500 s are reliable. The bugs were worked out of them quite a while ago. I have a PF 500 that I have been gigging with for over a year now and have had zero issues with it. It sounds really good with my 2 12AV and awesome with my 8 10e.

Ric Vice and AstroSonic like this.
  3. lowendblues

lowendblues Supporting Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Ohio
    Thanks for the input. I've never really seen anything negative about the 350, I had a PF 500, loved the tone, but it didnt even last a year. I've really been on the fence for a 350. I guess I'll give one a try.

4. Ric Vice

Ric Vice Supporting Member

Jul 2, 2005
    Olivette, Missouri
    My experience in comparing the PF 350 and the PF 500 side by side into a PF 115 cabinet was the PF 350 really sounded more like my B-15N(C) while the PF 500 had a V4B/SVT vibe.

5. BogeyBass

BogeyBass

Sep 14, 2010
    Done a search?

Lately seems like a few PF 350s die weekly around here

Full Compass had 350 replacement boards and those are all sold out.

wizard65 likes this.