1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ampeg PF-50/20T or Reddi or Broughton?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rev. Cornelius, May 13, 2018.

1. Rev. Cornelius

Rev. Cornelius Supporting Member

Jan 30, 2007
    Boston, MA
    Thanks in advance for the replies...

I am looking for a to get as close as reasonably possible to the old B-15 sound. My use is strictly silent, for example, direct recording or headphone practice or IEM rehearsals or gigs.

Without spending the cash for a real or re-issue B-15, what are your recommendations? The 3 I have listed in the title come to mind and anyone with direct experience with 2 or more of them your comments are most appreciated.

Other suggestions are also welcome. For reference I will be using a P bass, flats and foam. I also have a OmniCabSim Deluxe, if revelant.

Thanks again,

Rev. C

2. In my mind the beauty of a B15 lies in it’s simplicity. The sound of a bass only louder. A 50W tube amp should bring you that with a decent 1x15. I have detested the Flats I was forced to use when I started out. I much prefer the clarity that wires bring both on my fretted instruments and my fretless.

3. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Either way you go in that scenario is fine.

JulienP. likes this.