1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ampeg PF 800 vs Fender Rumble v3 500

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassicallybob, Jul 31, 2018.

1. I'm wondering what people's opinion on this are.

I'm trying to decide between a fender rumble v3 500 w/ the 2x10 extension cab, or the PF 800 with a single 2x10. They're both pretty light/movable, though the fender in two pieces would be a bit more than the ampeg. Traditionally, the ampeg sound would seem to blow the rumble away, but with the v3 i'm not so sure that's accurate to say. Durability is also a concern, I've had bad luck with ampeg durability in the past (heads - svt4, two of them). Volume is also in the ampeg's favor, though with the extension on the rumble I'm again unsure. Looks like they both have eminence speakers, and the rumble would have 2 more of them....

As you can probably tell I'm uncertain. They're both about $1k.

Halp!

2. voided3

voided3 Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2008
    If overall volume is the primary concern, two 2x10s will be louder than one 2x10 with either amp.

rodl2005 likes this.
  3. BogeyBass

BogeyBass

Sep 14, 2010
    2x10 won't handle 800 watts

And depends on your overall sound pressure needs. The clarity and overall volume of the Ampeg 2x12 is alot better than the 2x10. All in all just a head and either a 2x12 or even pair of 2x12 probably settle your cab needs for awhile

4. JakobT

JakobT

Jan 9, 2014
    Oslo, Norway
    Get the Rumble Stage 800, and have the best of both worlds.

Linnin likes this.