1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg pf sightings

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by spiker, Feb 18, 2013.

1. spiker

spiker

Nov 29, 2008
    Central Coast NSW Australia
    Endorsing Artist: Puretone Bass strings
    Howdy,

Seen carole king on the weekend and noticed Bob glaub was playing his trusty lakland signature through a pf500 and pf115, he actually had two heads each hooked up to one of these cabs. Gig was a massive outdoor event at a winery. Sounded awesome.
    I know Juan from mars Volta has been seen on tour also with a pf setup, anyone else notice pros using the pf stuff ?

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Not very often, to be honest. I'll use a PF350 sometimes on my gigs backing up oldies shows with Bowzer, and I know quite a few local pros using a PF rig, but if you're a bigtime player with an Ampeg deal and hands to move it for you, are you going to get a PF500 when you could get a full-on tube SVT? ;)

3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Should add I've seen a good amount of Micro VR usage by pros, though. Tony Levin, Bob Glaub, Owen Biddle, that kid who plays in Kings Of Leon, me again ;)