1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ampeg PF500/PF350

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by maevinj, Dec 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stiles72

stiles72

Mar 20, 2009
    Albany IL
    They are brand new - going to be released at NAMM in January, along with the Heritage B-15.

2. rpsands

rpsands

Jul 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Looks pretty awesome to me :) Wouldn't mind an 8/900 version though. I'm a huge fan of the little Micro AV amp but wanted a *lot* more powah.

3. maevinj

maevinj

Feb 10, 2008
    ALB!
    Sweet, I missed the cabs. I just saw the picture of the amp on their facebook page and googling turned up the heads.

4. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    Ampeg has a winner!

5. Dang - can't wait to hear about how they sound! I see the 500W has a built in compressor and an effects blend knob? I have been complaining about rig weight and have been strongly considering Markbass - but I'll wait a bit longer and see how these pan out! :D

6. maevinj

maevinj

Feb 10, 2008
    ALB!
    The PF500 has my name written all over it.

7. IntrepidCellist

IntrepidCellist

Sep 10, 2009
    Manhattan
    I'll certainly give these a try. If they can do "tube growl" then I might consider picking one up... the price point is right.

8. wvbass

wvbass Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2004
    West Virginia
    Price concerns me. It is low enough that corners may have been cut in r&d, components, andmanufacturing. I'm interested, but concerned.

9. stiles72

stiles72

Mar 20, 2009
    Albany IL
    I'm all about Made in USA - but the Micro VR is a great little amp and a buddy of mine has a BA115 that is made in China and it sounds great. LOUD has been making strides to re-build public confidence and hopefully these amps will do just that.

I really dig the fact they are selling them as seperate cabs - bet they'll sound great with a tube head.

10. +1 The mix & match feature is pretty darn cool. I'm thinking the PF350/115 might be the rig for me. In another thread, it was pointed out that maybe they'll make an all tube head for the new Portaflexes? That'd be the hotness right there.

5sg.

11. wvbass

wvbass Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2004
    West Virginia
    I'm not talking about where it is made, but how well it is made. This price point wreaks of just slapping an existing preamp to an existing power module, putting it in an inexpensive box, and selling it.

This might be a great little amp; time will tell. I do like the looks of the cabinet though.

12. maevinj

maevinj

Feb 10, 2008
    ALB!
    looks like the links for AMS are down

13. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    tried the svt 7 pro yet? i haven't but it's loaded with power. a little bigger than most class d amps but hardly a tough carry.

14. SactoBass

SactoBass A retired civil engineer who likes all-tube amps! Supporting Member

Still down as of now.

15. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    the links were put up by ams "erroneously" because it's not available yet. same day music apparently had links up, too. makes me think this was a publicity stunt to get interest up. worked on me, that's for sure. well played, ampeg. well played indeed.

16. +1 worked on me too.

So, while I was at work on Friday, I suspected they'd come down and took screenshots of the AMS page(s). I could post them here if people like (I know I know... duh :p), but I want to scan through TB policy first to see if it's against the rules. ;)

5sg.

17. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    it's not. they've already been posted a couple times.

18. Well then... here you go. :)

I edited out some things, I didn't think we needed to see their current deals on mic cables and such. ;)

5sg.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.