1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg PN-210HLF

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by marlond, May 16, 2011.

1. marlond

marlond

Jun 23, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    So what is the word on these guys?

I play an Aguilar DB750 through an Ampeg 810E and love it.

I would like something small for out of town shows or even really small venues. Plus at 8 ohms it should run really well with the DB750.

Has anyone had any experiences with them?

2. Colty

Colty

Mar 6, 2011
    Logan, Utah
    I haven't tried the PN-210hlf but if you are looking to keep the tone you get from your 810, I'd look more into the 210AV cab. It has a similar build (tweeterless and sealed) while the other is ported with a tweeter. If one isn't enough you could always grab another.

3. marlond

marlond

Jun 23, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    I did look into that.

But what excites me about the PN-210HLF is that it 8ohms and 550watts. I should be able to comfortably run my DB750 which would power 400watts @ 8oms to it.

I think I would probably just kick it back as a stage monitor and just let the house work off my DI.

I usually run my 810e and bring a RE20 and mic it up myself.

I just want to know if anyone has had any experience with them, such as they are awesome, or they are utter crap... something along those lines.

4. I like the Pro Neos. I tried the 210 and 410, and really like the build and tone. It tilts back and has really good volume for a 210...

5. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I have been really impressed with the Pro Neo cabs. The tone is more clear, but still fairly warm. Build quality is excellent.

6. The only thing about the 210 I didn't like was the inputs being on the side instead of the back. I had visions of stacking two on their side, like how the Micro VR guys do with their 210s. But that's not an option....

7. marlond

marlond

Jun 23, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    I assume they put it on the side because of the tilt back option.

Thanks for the input.

8. marlond

marlond

Jun 23, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Well in case anyone was following this.

I ended up getting the PN-210HLF.

[​IMG]

It is a little cutie and boy does it ever put out. The horn is pure evil and should get ripped out of there, but I can't wait to get this little bugger to practice and see what it can do.

9. ^^^ Good idea on raising it up a bit. Congrats, I think you made a good choice...

10. JulienJeff

JulienJeff

Mar 1, 2009
    Belgium
    I played it at a gig two weeks ago and I was really impressed. Very good cab.

11. marlond

marlond

Jun 23, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Yeah, It sounds really good up there. But I wonder about the cab vibrating and possibly damaging the content of the rack. But I guess if it was a real problem then combo amps would not exist.

I think I will either run it like that, or kicked up in front of the stage as a monitor.

12. netmics

netmics

Apr 7, 2010
    Hello!!!

A question for you owners. Does it come with a cable to connect it to the amplifier? If yes, what type of connectors does it have?

Thank you!!!

13. How does it handle a 5 string?

14. Bump - for any 5'ers out there