Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg portabass 1x10 cab

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by deepestend, Nov 4, 2004.

1. deepestend

deepestend Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 21, 2003
    Brooklyn via Austin and NOLA
    Guitar/Bass Builder and Social Media at Sadowsky
    I bought this from a talkbass member about a month and a half ago and I'm just not using it at all. Great lightweight cab. Really good sound and portable. I bought it for home use and end up playing through my monitors and headphones more than anything else.

Looking to get $100, which is what I paid.

THANKS FOR ALL THE INTEREST, BUT THIS IS SOLD.

2. Ha, I would have taken this in trade for the compressor!!! I don't really need it though, so someone else should snatch it up.

3. deepestend

Feb 21, 2003
    Didn't realize I was gonna sell it till someone offered me a longhorn bass for $100.

4. Wow, you're racking up all the good deals this week!!!

5. deepestend

Feb 21, 2003
    I kept myself away from GAS for a very long time...now I'm full blown and not sure what I'm gonna keep. But I've foudn some good ones this week:
    EB volume pedal: $30
    6 space carpeted rack: $40
    MoogerFooger (not sure if I'll keep this one): $200
    SVP-Pro: $275

And I'm almost out of the red from selling a bunch of stuff I don't use.

Just need a decent 2x12 or 4x10 and I'm set.

6. dmielke

dmielke

Mar 25, 2004
    What would shipping be approximately? Oh, and how much volume can you coax out of the thing? 8 or 4 ohm? Thanks!

Dustin

7. Jaye

Jaye

Jan 30, 2004
    Portland, OR
    I would love to have this, please reply or PM me a price to zip code 93551. Thank you. :hyper:

8. deepestend

Feb 21, 2003
    It's the Ampeg PB110H... here's the blurb:

For a "big sound" in a really small package, check out the Ampeg PB110H! Featuring a 10" Neodymium PortaBass speaker and horn with variable "L-pad", 300watt handling, 4 ohms, lightweight plywood construction...ONLY 20 lbs. You can lift this baby with one finger and still rock the house. Special price! Great match for the PB250 head.

I'm shipping from 10019... and it's probably best to do fed ex ground... so if we say maybe 23 pounds:

Looks like fed ex ground would be around $18

And I actually really don't know how loud it gets. I got it, made sure it worked, and it's just been sitting in my reh. studio ever since. My new apartment is just too small for it.

9. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    dude, if your new apt is too small for a 1x10, we're gonna have to put together a fund to save your bass playin ass :D

10. deepestend

Feb 21, 2003
    NYC apartment + space concious GF + nearby studio with a rig= no 1x10

pm me if you want it!

11. deepestend

Feb 21, 2003
    bump... still have it 4 ohms 200 wats.

12. Deep - no offer but a free bump for a great speaker. I've one that I love, it is very portable, sounds great and goes reasonbly loud. It easily fills the medium size sanctuary I play in with sound. Makes a seriously good stage monitor if you're running through the house (assuming you're ont competing with a Marshall stack). Nice touches too, like speakon connector and tweeter attenuator.