Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg PortaBass PB-110H, brand new

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by BillyB_from_LZ, Jun 7, 2004.

1. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    I have two of these cute little lightweight 1x10s with tweeter...read about them on www.ampeg.com. 4 ohms, 200 watts and they weigh about 20 lbs each...makes you laugh the first time you pick one up!

I bought them on Memorial Day at Guitar Center. GC was blowing them out for $99.99 each (List $569, Musician's Friend $229) plus sales tax (7.5% Cook County, IL). I figured I'd sell them on eBay and make a few bux to help fund my gear habit. Much to my chagrin, so did a bunch of other people (there are about six others up now as I write this). Bidding on them may go above $100 but not by much, and certainly not enough to make it worth the effort/grief of composing an auction, photos, etc.

So for those of you not close to a Guitar Center store, or if you missed the sale or didn't and want some more of these, I'm offering them here for what I paid for them, $107.50 each, plus actual shipping costs. If no one is interested, no problem, I can return them for a full refund before the end of month.

I have one in an unopened box and one undamaged demo.

I'll accept PayPal if you pay the fees or Postal Money Order. I'll even ship internationally if you can pay in $US and want to cover the cost of shipping.

I have a flawless rating of over 200 on eBay if you have any concerns.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks and take care!

Edit: I looked on the back of the cabinet and they're rated 200 watts, not 300 watts as I originally wrote.

2. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    im interested how much is shipping to 46033. Im also worried that my current amp might push too much watts into a 4ohm cab. ill research it.

3. mhjazzbass

mhjazzbass

Mar 28, 2002
    I'm interested in one of these cabs--let me know if you still have one for sale. Thanks!

Mike

4. tallboybass

tallboybass Supporting Member Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    BillyB, how do they sound and how loud do they go before breaking up?

Thanks, Alan

5. BillyB_from_LZ

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Hyperlitem...FedEx Home Delivery with signature is $11 to Indianapolis from 60062.

For the curious...the new-in-box cabinet weighs 28 lbs and is 17x18x19 inches and will be shipped from a FedEx customer counter in 60062.

Mike (mhjazzbass) Both are still available...

Alan (tallboybass) - I've only played through the one...it sounds warm and full, but it doesn't go very loud before farting out with my EMG equipped 5 string Jazz type bass with a relatively flat tone setting and a 250 watt solid state amp behind it. My 1x10 with tweeter home builts with a PAS 10 (essentially half of a Goliath II Jr.) are louder, but not as full in the mids as the PortaBass 1x10s

I suppose you could play a quiet jazz gig or with an acoustic guitarist, but it wouldn't keep up with a drummer IMO. Didn't try though.

6. Good deal, hmmm if I could sell my Behringer Amp I'd take both of those cabs. Anyone want the Behringer?

7. Billy - let me know if you still have one of these.

8. BillyB_from_LZ

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Both are still available...

9. One sold to the man in the green fedora ( not Fodera)

BT

10. Justyn

Justyn Supporting Member

Jun 24, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    I bought one of these as well from GC and have been very pleased with it. Paired with a 300w Eden head and a freltess Carvin 6 I had no trouble being heard with a drummer and guitarist in a jazz/groove rehearsal. Doesn't deliver the lows of my Eden 212XLT but didn't experience any farting out either, and at 20lbs I can make it from the car to the rehearsal in one trip.

So...bump for great little cabs at a great price.

J.

11. BillyB_from_LZ

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Thanks basstrader (for buying) and Justyn (for sharing your experience)!

One left!

12. mhjazzbass

mhjazzbass

Mar 28, 2002
    Billy, if you have one of these left, I'd be interested. Could you email me at mhicks122@comcast.net? Thanks!

Mike

13. BillyB_from_LZ

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    The second (and last) one is on hold for mhjazzbass...

14. Basso Profoundo

Basso Profoundo Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Indiana
    Do you still have one?

15. BillyB_from_LZ

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Both long gone...sorry...