1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ampeg Portaflex 350 opinions?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by _allen_09, May 9, 2018.

1. _allen_09

_allen_09

Sep 20, 2015
    Lloydminster
    Hello Everyone! I do not post much in here but I would like to hear everyone’s opinion about Ampeg Portaflex 350?

I am in a tight budget so I don’t have wide option for heads and just because I really mostly play drums. I am in a Christian worship team, I play every weekend in a medium sized venue church which is a theatre (seats about 500). But I also plan to play in a local lounge with my buddies. BTW were gonna play mostly funk rock or alternative.

Is the portaflex 350 reliable? i heard that it breaks really fast, they say span of 2 years; Previously had the Micro VR and it just broke. And is the Portaflex qgonna cut through loud guitarist and heavy banging drummers. In my church I just a tech21 DI to PA because we have wireless system, so I dont think it would be a problem for that.

I am considering to get the SVT 115 cab instead of the fliptop cab, does anyone know what is the significant change if I get the SVT cab?

Tone-wise, I really loved that B15 and p bass combo sound, I know portaflex is far from that sound. I actually play a japanese Fender aerodyne PJ bass from 2001 with a jazz neck.

Any thoughts or opinions about this head? Other alternative heads or cabs? I will hear your suggestions. I really dont know alot of technical stuff and terms so bare with my profanities. :)

Last edited: May 9, 2018