Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ampeg portaflex

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by eric atkinson, Mar 6, 2001.

1. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Hey guys i sold a old ampeg portaflex on ebay for a friend and it was dammaged in the trip there! So i nsured it for 1000.00 the guy bought it for 750.00 So i will be going up there to get the amp back and iam not stupied iam just going to keep the bad boy! But one of the gripes the guy had is he said it wasnt the original speaker in it! The speaker says nothing on it at all? Someone told me that the early ampeg bass speakers didnt say anything on them? Does anyone know? And if it is not a original does anyone know were to find one?

2. Possibly a CTS square magnet? Most of the originals came with one of these. Makers number 137-xxxx.

Chris

3. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

All that "The Unofficial Ampeg Page" says about any Portaflex B-15 is "one 15" speaker." The B-12's it says, used Jensen. You could check it out there. I didn't look too deep.

4. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Cool thanks friends! I dont think it is the original speaker in it! When i get it back ill pop it out and show you all! Man iam so happy to get this baby! I love my big rig for stage but this ampeg will be my dream come true for recording!