1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg PR 1832 HE Questions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tbickle2, Apr 23, 2010.

1. tbickle2

tbickle2

Mar 26, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    I have one of these i found in a dumpster outside where we rehearse, only problem is it is totally devoid of speakers. Anyone know any specs on the original speakers or what might work well as replacements?

2. Jerrold Tiers

Jerrold Tiers

Nov 14, 2003
    St Louis
    Wow.... seemed like we made about 100 of those... IIRC it was not a well-saluted product... I "might" have some info, but it would take a LOT of digging...... I promised someone else I'd dig for some info on a different product, and now i can't recall who for nor what it was, so I'd not count on it if I were you...... my track record on this is poor if I don't have the info available reasonably easily in electronic form.

3. I cannot tell you the exact specs on what speakers Ampeg used. I know it used one 18, 2-10's, 2-8's. and a horn. I would call Al at US Speaker. He has been a big help to me in the past for getting replacement speakers. there phone # is 877-732-5374. Is the jackplate/control panel still there on the back?. This cab has the ability of being run bi-amped or full range, which is controlled by the back panel. I have the smaller version of this, the PR1528HE. This has 1-15,2-8's, and a horn. These were great cabs, but were expensive and heavy. Never sold very well. My friend had the 1832 and it was a monster cab. Good luck.

4. tbickle2

tbickle2

Mar 26, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Yeah, the back panel is there, as are all the internal wiring. It looks like somebody took off the grill, removed the speakers & trashed it.