Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ampeg pr 410 hlf

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mike ranger, Dec 16, 2003.

1. i recently bought a new ampeg pr 410 hlf cab.
    i use it w/ a 73 svt head and it kicks but it also sounds great at low levels. the only drawback is the size/weight but 2 people can lift it easily.
    does anyone else have one.how do you like it,
    what amp do you use ? thanks....

2. swamprock76

swamprock76

Feb 15, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    Howdy,

I know your post is just over two months old but I decided to reply anyway! I played a SVT-4PRO through one of these beasts yesterday and ordered them both on the spot. Keep in mind that I spent a few hours in the shop with my bass fooling around with every possible combination they had (this was my third time doing this!). I do not think I am going to be dissapointed at all with my new setup. I have never heard a low B handled as well as I heard yesterday.

Take care,
    -E.

3. you got yourself a great cab.enjoy it.i also tried everything in the store and chose the pr 410hlf over the "boutique" brands for one reason....the sound !!!
    i've always had good luck w/ ampeg stuff since my 1st b-15 in 1966 and a few more b 15's through the years,a great late 70s v4b and the mighty 73 svt i still have.(my brother had a few of the small guitar amps in the 70s also !!)