Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg pr1832he

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mara, Jun 27, 2002.

1. Mara

Mara

Jan 11, 2001
    Finland
    Any good? I play ESH Various V and I'm looking for a new cab. Came across a cheapish Ampeg pr1832he. What head would suit this monster the best?

Thanks!
    Mara

2. incubus2432

incubus2432

Mar 21, 2002
    Grafton, Ohio
    I had one of those for a brief tryout and loved the tone....just hated hauling it around so I returned it.
    I play in a pretty loud band so I ran a 1000 watt amp through it (bi-amped) and it was perfect.....clean/loud.
    I use an Ampeg SVP-Pro/Ashly FET-2000M rack set-up.....I'm sure whatever amp you prefer would sound great with the right amount of power. The cabinet is rated at 600 watts (I believe) so if you need volume I would suggest at least 750 watts so you have a little extra headroom for clarity.

3. Jeff Corallo

Jeff Corallo

May 30, 2000
    It's heavy, but I've been very happy with the sound. I'm running an Ampeg SVP-Pro pre-amp and a QSC power amp (1000 watts) through it. If you drive a truck or a van you should have no problems moving it.

4. that cab has been good to me. i used an old 76 ampeg svt to power it and it sounded sweet!

if anyone is interested in buying a cab i am selling mine....message away if interested.