1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ampeg pr1832he

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mara, Jun 27, 2002.

1. Mara

Mara

Jan 11, 2001
    Finland
    Any good? I play ESH Various V and I'm looking for a new cab. Came across a cheapish Ampeg pr1832he. What head would suit this monster the best?

Thanks!
    Mara

2. incubus2432

incubus2432

Mar 21, 2002
    Grafton, Ohio
    I had one of those for a brief tryout and loved the tone....just hated hauling it around so I returned it.
    I play in a pretty loud band so I ran a 1000 watt amp through it (bi-amped) and it was perfect.....clean/loud.
    I use an Ampeg SVP-Pro/Ashly FET-2000M rack set-up.....I'm sure whatever amp you prefer would sound great with the right amount of power. The cabinet is rated at 600 watts (I believe) so if you need volume I would suggest at least 750 watts so you have a little extra headroom for clarity.

3. Jeff Corallo

Jeff Corallo

May 30, 2000
    It's heavy, but I've been very happy with the sound. I'm running an Ampeg SVP-Pro pre-amp and a QSC power amp (1000 watts) through it. If you drive a truck or a van you should have no problems moving it.

4. that cab has been good to me. i used an old 76 ampeg svt to power it and it sounded sweet!

if anyone is interested in buying a cab i am selling mine....message away if interested.