Ampeg PR410HLF

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by kasuals, Aug 15, 2001.

1. kasuals

Jul 20, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    After much deliberation, I have decided to purchase the Ampeg PR410HLF series cabinet.

Now. I'm not too certain on which head to purchase. You guys have nothing to gain by telling me to buy this or that, so that's why I'm asking you guys and not a sales person. :)

I was looking at the Ampeg SVT3PRO head, and I'm just wondering, if anyone knows much about these, and how the two would work together? The price is right, just want to make sure it will work well together. Don't want to over-power or under-power the cabinet.

I'm still learning all the joyous glory of the electrical side of music... ;)
  2. Mikeels

Apr 20, 2000
    Hi Kasuals!
    I owned one of these cabs and had an SVT 3 pro with it at first....not enough watts to do it justice. I then purchased a SVT 4 pro....BIG difference. Just before I sold it I hooked it up to an Eden wt 800.......Now were talking. It sounded sooo good I was sorry I sold the cab. I would recommend you try it with an Eden wt 400 head. You can find them used at reasonable prices and the sound you get from them paired up is incredible.
  3. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    IMO Ampeg is very liberal with their power ratings. The SVT III just doesn't have the juice to make a cab like the 410HLF sound great. I would recommend getting a more powerful head than the SVT III.
  4. FalsehoodBass

Jul 22, 2001
    Denver, CO
    if you want ampeg... i suggest going with the svp-pro preamp and a poweramp of your choice... it might cost less, and its much more versatile.. you get the best front end that ampeg makes, and then your choice of how much power you want... definately worth looking into.....