Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg Pro 210H

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Babs, Jul 8, 2001.

1. Babs

Babs

May 5, 2000
    Sandy Utah
    Hey I just tried out an Ampeg Pro 210H Cabinet, I Have heard that they are supposed to be the "Highest Fidelity" in sound, but I hated it, I couldn't get a good tone out of it, it seemed like I was getting to many highs out of it and they wouldn't go away, when I tried to turn the treble done on my bass it sounded flat, then when I turned it down on the amp it sounded muddy, then when I turned it down on the back of the cab, it was like listening to a sub woofer and got ride of any volume I had. Does anyone have any good suggestions, or maybe just tell me it is broken and take it back Or is that just the sound you get out of that cab. Because of right now, I am going to take it back.

I have never had any problems plugging into any other cabs, I had my MK5-B Pluged into a SWR Bass 350, into it and IMO that should have sounded great, but that is what I get for thinking. I guess Ampeg and SWR don't mix.