1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg Pro Neo 410 and 115

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TigerClaw, May 28, 2011.

1. TigerClaw

TigerClaw

Sep 12, 2009
    Ft. Worth Texas
    Thinking about buying a set of these to replace my aging Ampeg 810. Just wondering if anyone has powered these with an SVT-4. I had some clipping issues with my 810, but I couldn't figure out if it was just because the cab was old, or if I was pushing too many watts.

Thanks in advance.

2. Don't mix a 4x10 and a single 15. It doesn't work well. The 15 will be a weak link in every regard.

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    True, very true. Do some reading here first, before making that mistake.

4. TigerClaw

TigerClaw

Sep 12, 2009
    Ft. Worth Texas
    So it should be paired with another 410?

5. Or two identical 15s

6. +1

Me likey....

7. I used to own an ampeg 410+115 setup to use when I couldn't get my 810 to a gig. Never liked it. Sold both the 410 and the 115, but now I regret doing that. The advice above is the straight up truth. Go with 2x410 or 2x115.

By the way, does anyone in the GTA have a pair of SVT15E cabs you want to unload?

8. TigerClaw

TigerClaw

Sep 12, 2009
    Ft. Worth Texas
    Word. Alright, Would SVT-410HE cabs handle a SVT-4 PRO pretty well?

I've had this 810 for almost 10 years now, so I'm naive to anything else, haha. I appreciate the help.

9. I can't answer this but I was thinking of getting a 410 Pro Neo with an SVT-7Pro head. Think that'd be a nice combo?

10. Yeah, this looks good, kinda pricey but I do kinda have the money and I think this combo would sound good with my Fender Am STD P up against two guitarists. The light weight of both the cab and the head is a plus too.