1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ampeg Pro Neo or Markbass Standard?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by thebassguy86, Mar 31, 2013.

1. I've recently been handed a situation where I can afford to upgrade my rig from mediocre to professional. My question is Markbass Standard 104HF paired with a Traveler 151P or the Ampeg PN-210HLF paired with the PN-115HLF, which is better? Can either be ran in parallel as to back off the amp a little?
    I've done plenty of research on both over the past year, but unsure of which produces a better sound. I prefer a parallel connection too. Can anyone help?

2. greencow

greencow

Feb 7, 2008
    One thing I will say: Get matching cabs

3. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I would do two PN210hlf's or two 115hlf's, not both, but out of those two choices I'd definitely go Ampeg. Not big on the Markbass cabs to be honest...too upper midrangey for my tastes.

(EDIT: Not just saying that because I'm an endorser...I don't get commissions ;) )

4. musicman666

musicman666

Sep 11, 2011
    ca
    Obviously your new........But yer gunna get a beating for mentioning mixing different sized drivers. It's a TB rule. Thou shalt not mix driver sizes. Good luck!
    I dig Markbass and Ampeg....Either of those rigs will be great! IMO of course!

5. Turlu

Turlu Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Ottawa, Ontario CANADA
    I had both combinations you mentioned. To be honest, I regret selling my MarkBass rig. The Ampeg is good, but certainly not the same definition and clarity as the MarkBass.

MarkBass hands down and yes, I would not mix the drivers sizes !!

6. I could live with the Ampeg cabs, personally not the MarkBass cabs. Your ears are the only true judge for you of course. I prefer the G-K NEO 12" cabs over either.