Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg problem solved!Thank you svt2.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Irie01, Oct 28, 2004.

1. Irie01

Irie01

Jan 22, 2002
    I loved the svt3pro but it was just not cuttin it with the band Im in.I loved the tone but the volume was just not enough through an ampeg 6-10" cab.I went to guitar center today and scored a demo model svt2pro for $999.I could not pass it up.I was still within my thirty days with the svt3 so I exchanged it and did the difference for the svt2.It sounds sweet.I've never owned an tube amp so anybody have any tips,pointers, or advice on this amp.Use and maintinance.thanks.

2. Leave it in standby for 30 secs plus before turning to on mode and let valves cool down before moving and chucking in your car.

Amp sounds better after about 30 mins to an hour, well my SVTCL does after the valves are really warm !!

3. Spanqubus

Spanqubus

Apr 28, 2003
    Thats awsome, the same thing happened to me, went to guitar center and there it was an SVT-2 for 1000 bucks. I am really happy with this amp it is awsome. Bassampegman is right it does seem to sound better after its been on a while. The only problem I've had is that my fan doesn't work sometimes but it isn't that big of a deal.

I do have a question though, I have mine in an 8 space shock-mount case and I usually just put the covers on when i'm done and move it. I figure with the covers on it will stay nice and warm inside and not be bothered by temperature changes, am I wrong?