1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

AMPEG question, who can help me?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Kingskippy2001, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Kingskippy2001

Kingskippy2001

Aug 12, 2008
    Ohio
    There is a local shop near me that used to be an Ampeg dealer, they have a BRAND NEW B2r NOT B2re. They have had it for about 3 years. I want to know if I buy it how would I get it serviced if something went wrong? I would be the original owner with a reciept, would Ampeg deal with me directly? Will they honor the warrenty? What is a "fair" price that I should look for on it? Thanks for your help in advance.

2. NKUSigEp

NKUSigEp

Jun 6, 2006
    Bright, IN
    3 years old and hasn't sold yet? I'd be leary of it but occasionally you'll see that. You'll probably want to direct those questions to Ampeg as only they would have definitive answers for you.

3. Kingskippy2001

Kingskippy2001

Aug 12, 2008
    Ohio
    I TOTALLY trust this place. They are a small shop that mainly deals in acoustics and some electrics, not much bass but they always had some stuff there in case. They have the invoice from when they got it. There isn't a scratch on it and it still has the tags attached.

4. koobie

koobie

Jul 11, 2007
    Portland OR
    For me, what's important is not so much whether or not you dig the shop, but whether or not Ampeg would potentially honor a warranty claim.

I personally feel that a manufacturer should support a unit that's being sold at a dealer as new, whether or not it's sat there three years. Some manufacturers would think otherwise, it's worth checking into.