1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg question?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by disfiguredmetal, Mar 12, 2009.

1. disfiguredmetal

disfiguredmetal

Sep 23, 2006
    Hey gents and ladies, just had a quick question aout the Ampeg svt 2pro amd the ampeg svt II. First off, is their a difference between the two as far as design and features, besides the graphic eq? and does anyone who's played both know if they sound different tone/ power wise?

Thanks,
    Adam

also, i saw some sort of ampeg club on here some time ago, if someone could give me the link to tha i'd like to join.

2. akaTRENT

akaTRENT

Jan 10, 2009
    New Jersey
    1 yes. But thats all i know. 2. i am joining that club as soon as my Classic comes in the mail today. Just type ampeg club in the search and it pops right up.

3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    SVT 2 Pro has separate gain and master volume while SVT II has only a single volume knob. I prefer the sound of SVT's with a single volume knob. That doesn't mean the 2 Pro is a bad amp...far from it...it's a fantastic amp. But if I'm given the choice between the two, I would pick the SVT II.

4. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.