Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by koan, Jul 23, 2002.

1. koan

koan

Jul 11, 2002
    Hey all

There's a second hand dealer down here in Austraila who is advertising an "Ampeg SVT 350 mk 3" amplifier. Problem is that neither I nor Ampeg seem to know what this person is talking about, with an ampeg product support guy telling me he'd never heard of a mk 3. I called up the dealer and he insists its an "SVT 3". I asked him whether it was an SVT III pro but he said no, just an SVT 3. He said it was a 350 watt amp with a 9 band graphic equaliser and it was called an SVT 3. Any advice as to what this amp could be?

2. If I am correct the SVT-III is a 19", rackmountable mono amp with three tube gain stages and a solid-state power amp that puts out 350W at 4 ohms and 200W at 8 ohms.
    There are two input jacks: "normal" and "bright," which has a -6 or -10dB rolloff. A 3-band rotary EQ with 5-position mid-frequency selector is supplemented by two passive "Ultra" switches. There is a 6 band, footswitchable graphic EQ which also has a front-mounted switch.

So, according to your info I guess the amp that you are talking about is not an SVT-III.

3. Matthias

Matthias

May 30, 2000
    Vienna, Austria
    Maybe the SVT-350 CL or AV?
    this is basically the B-2R (350W, 9-band EQ) in the 'SVT-box'
    Matthias

4. koan

koan

Jul 11, 2002
    Thanks guys. I guess the answer is to make the drive up to the guy's store and check it out.

Mat