Ampeg question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by koan, Jul 23, 2002.

1. koan

Jul 11, 2002
    Hey all

There's a second hand dealer down here in Austraila who is advertising an "Ampeg SVT 350 mk 3" amplifier. Problem is that neither I nor Ampeg seem to know what this person is talking about, with an ampeg product support guy telling me he'd never heard of a mk 3. I called up the dealer and he insists its an "SVT 3". I asked him whether it was an SVT III pro but he said no, just an SVT 3. He said it was a 350 watt amp with a 9 band graphic equaliser and it was called an SVT 3. Any advice as to what this amp could be?
  2. If I am correct the SVT-III is a 19", rackmountable mono amp with three tube gain stages and a solid-state power amp that puts out 350W at 4 ohms and 200W at 8 ohms.
    There are two input jacks: "normal" and "bright," which has a -6 or -10dB rolloff. A 3-band rotary EQ with 5-position mid-frequency selector is supplemented by two passive "Ultra" switches. There is a 6 band, footswitchable graphic EQ which also has a front-mounted switch.

So, according to your info I guess the amp that you are talking about is not an SVT-III.
  3. Matthias

May 30, 2000
    Vienna, Austria
    Maybe the SVT-350 CL or AV?
    this is basically the B-2R (350W, 9-band EQ) in the 'SVT-box'
  4. koan

Jul 11, 2002
    Thanks guys. I guess the answer is to make the drive up to the guy's store and check it out.