Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ampeg questions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by napalmslayer, Feb 3, 2006.

1. napalmslayer

napalmslayer

Feb 1, 2006
    I have a b2re and a 2-10 cab. I have a couple questions, so please help me if you can.....i am very new to bass, and i know nothing about amps

1. what does the clock looking thing do, its on the back of my cab

2. i have the amp and head hooked up with a cheap guitar cable, is that ok?

thanx for any help

2. illidian

illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    1. I have no idea. Check Ampeg's website for a manual.

2. It's for the tweeter on the back of your cab. Dial it to taste. Starting at twelve o' clock wouldn't be a bad start.

3. You want a speaker cable for that - you could damage your amp with an instrument cable.

3. xstraightXedgex

xstraightXedgex

Jan 27, 2006
    1. each slider changes a different frequency from low to high. just mess with it a bunch untill it sounds good to you.

2.thats for the high frequency tweeter. if you like glass shattering highs i would turn it all the way up but i dont really like tweeters so i keep mine way down.

3.i def wouldnt do that because it can cause harm to your head and cab. try looking at an actual speaker cable. i would go with a speakon cable. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/General/Accessories/Cables?sku=331670 this is what i use in my setup