1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg Repair in London?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by O Marcão, Feb 29, 2008.

1. O Marcão

O Marcão

Feb 29, 2008
    Hi all,

I have an Ampeg SVT 3-PRO head that I bought in the USA before I moved back here. The sound is slightly wrong which I suspect is simply a case for new tubes, and I also need to have the transformer changed. Does anybody know of somewhere in London, UK where I could have this work done?

Marcão

2. sammarshall27

sammarshall27

Jul 13, 2007
    You could try here http://www.thebassgallery.com/

I know they do mainenance and repair work on basses but not sure about amps. Would have thought so. Try contacting them.

Hope this helps. :)

3. Please say you havent been running that without a stepdown transformery.

4. O Marcão

O Marcão

Feb 29, 2008
    Hi All, thanks for responses.

I actually found the answer I was looking for elsewhere, so I thought I'd post it here. The company is Audio Related Technologies. They are in Wembley and their number is 020 8908 6777.

I have been running it with a stepdown transformer, but a step-down for an appliance with that kind of wattage is heavy and was quite expensive.

I want to sell this head as I never liked it, so I have to make it work in the UK/Europe without the transformer.