Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg reviews

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Piezoman, Mar 11, 2003.

1. Piezoman

Piezoman

Nov 29, 2002
    Bronx, New York
    OK, So I've heard about the crazyness of ampegs. I am in need of an amp. I dont wana spend all the money for a head, cabinet and what goes with that.

I am looking for a nice combo and I seem to have come upon 1. It's the ampeg BA210. It's a 220 watt combo out of 2x10. With this power, It should be enough to be heard greatly. The guitarist only playing with a 60 watt, 2x8 guitar amp

It would be nice if i can have some of your expert opinions and get some reviews on this amp before I buy it. I wanna check it out mysel at GC but I really cant tell a good amp yet.

I'm a noob. I've playe on 1 or 2 amps in the past year. Just give me a review of the amp.

thnx,
    l8r

2. Lovin Bass

Lovin Bass

Feb 8, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Try going to Harmonycentral.com or the Bass Gear Review Archive ( bgra.net ) for reviews. I search here anytime I am looking at new equipment and want some user reviews.

I am sure that the BA210sp will have a fair number of reviews at either of these sites.

Edit: I just tried these sites and neither one has the Ampeg BA210SP. Keep these two sites for future references though. They have helped me out alot.

3. ashton

ashton

Jan 4, 2001
    Australia
    Hi
    The BA-115 is way loud enough for what you need, its 150watts but alot of people I have heard say its much louder. probably cause of the tweeter.

Im selling/trading mine so pm me if interested.

Lukas

4. erikwhitton

erikwhitton Guest

Sep 20, 2002
    Portland, ME USA
    someone here recently bought that ba210 and is not too happy with it. do a search. Lot's of people seem to liek the ba115 though. i have the ba110 which is a great house amp, then i have an svt3 pro with an svt 6x10 HLF. i like them all yum.

-erik