1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ampeg rig question.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by xshawnxearthx, Mar 12, 2009.

1. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    i have a 4 pro, and i've been debating running a 410/15 cabinet.

ampeg obviously, finding good deals on some stuff and i'm wondering. if i ran this set up, do i have to use one of the power amps and daisy chain the cabs or can i use one cab per side?

also, if i have to run the 410/15 set up on one side, i can still run an 810 on the other side...?

2. ErebusBass

ErebusBass

Feb 20, 2008
    Madison, WI
    You can hook it up either daisy chained from one side or plug one cabinet into each.

Depending on impedances, you could possibly hook it up with you 8x10. The only way I see that working is if you had a 4 ohm 4x10 and a 4 ohm 1x15, hooked up to one side of the amp (8 ohms total on that side), with an 8 ohm 8x10 into the other side for 4 ohms total. Unless you amp goes down to 2 ohms. Do you really need a 12x10/1x15 rig?

3. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    wouldn't plugging two 4 ohm cabs on one side make it 2ohms?

4. pedalguy1

pedalguy1

Jun 3, 2008
    Riverton Utah
    Yes, running two four ohm cabs will give you 2 ohms. As for you super rig question..... I think its possible. Can your 4 pro handle a 2 ohm load? If your 4x10 and 15 are eight ohms each, you have a four ohm load on that side. Your 8x10 will be four ohms as well. So running two four ohm loads will give you two. Hope that made sense.

5. the svt 4 pro can run as low as 2 ohms per channel. basically, you could run up to 4 4 ohm cabs at once, 2 per channel.
    it could easily handle running 2 4ohm set ups, based on the manual.

6. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    yeah some if i'm running 2 8 ohm cabs on one side(amp a) and one 4 ohm cab on the other(amp b), wouldn't it not matter because it's two separate amps?

my main concern with the 410+15 is that if i'm running each cab on a separate amp, wouldn't i run the risk of giving both cabs too much juice? since the 410 is 500 watts and the 15 is 400.

7. at 8 ohms per channel, the amp is only rated to put out 350 watts per channel peak, 300 continuous. so you shouldn't have to worry about blowing them if you run them on seperate channels. if you bridge the amps, it can put out 1600 watts at 4 ohms. then you'd be risking overpowering the speakers.

at least that's how i've read it.

8. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    up for another question.

if i buy an ampeg 410 which was an 1000 watt peak power handling and an ampeg 15 which has a 400 watt peak handling, can i just run my 4 pro in bridged mode and pump 1200 watts into these two cabs via plugging the head into the top cab, and the top cab into the bottom cab?

and also , if i do this, i run the mono bridge cable into the top cab, and then a regular speak on cable into the bottom cab?

eh i probably can't since at 4ohm it's 1600 watts.

9. Lunchbox4u_6

Lunchbox4u_6

Dec 1, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    That's a lot of power! I ran an Ampeg SVT 4x10 that was 500 watts/1000watts peak off of a Hartke 3500 for years and never had to turn it up very loud to get above drums and lead playes.