Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

AMPEG RIG Question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by erikwhitton, Sep 20, 2002.

1. erikwhitton

erikwhitton Guest

Sep 20, 2002
    Portland, ME USA
    hey - i just found this board and went through the archives - you seem to talk more about bass than the HC forum.

my question-
    I play a jazz bass, and just sold my SWR redhead combo (to which i also had a 15).

I bought a used SVT III PRO and am about to buy a 6x10 HLF (ampeg).

my style changed from a more funky jazz sound to a more straight up indie rock sound, plus i wanted more power than the 240 watt SWR.

so i would just like an opinion from various members here on my new rig. SVT III Pro, 6x10 HLF, fender jazz. Any suggestions or comments on this rig?

thanks in advance, erik

2. Sounds like a nice rig. I have a SVT3-pro as well, but push it through a 8x10. Love the sound. You should be satisfied, and those 6x10s are supposed to sound great.

jtbp

3. Can't go wrong with the 3-Pro , for sure. I ran mine through an Ampeg Isovent cab ( 2x15" , 2x10" w/ tweeter) and it sounded great ! Not a huge fan of using all 10's , especially if you aren't going DI into the PA , but for smaller clubs it might be fine . The sound is certainly there , but I've found that 10"s don't project low end like 15"s or bigger ...

4. I know the 610's little brother, the 410 HLF is a beautiful sounding cab. So you should be happy.

5. Ditto, I am very pleased with my 410 HLF.

6. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Nice Rig you're gonna have there. Congrats

7. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Pretty much the same rig I use with my rock band.

http://www.angelfire.com/music3/cblood56/rig.html

I decided on the B4r over the SVT3pro after owning one for about 2 weeks. I liked the clean tone of the B4r better than the distorted tone of the SVT3. Just my opinion, not saying one is better than the other. The 610 hlf sounds great but can be a pain to haul around which is why I also have my Bag End speaker cab set up, for those gigs when I need a more portable rig. Or when my aging back starts giving me pain.

8. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I run the big brother to your head, an SVT4Pro, through two 410HLF's. You should be very happy with the 3Pro and the 610HLF.

9. I also have a 410HLF and it sounds great, picked it up, slightly used for 125!!!!!!

had to replace the tweeter fuse, but an 1156 from a parts store works great! (and is about a buck)