Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg Rocketbass amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mikgag, Mar 27, 2002.

1. mikgag

mikgag Guest

Mar 25, 2002
    Trying to find out from anyone who has hands on experience the answer to this question. Is there a very noticable difference in the volume output between the B-50R and the B-100R?? I've heard that there isn't much, and if so, what would be the differences in overall sound?

2. ESP-LTD

ESP-LTD

Sep 9, 2001
    Idaho
    Itried both and bought the B100R. I compared them at 1/2 volume, and the 50 would have been fine for practice with 2 QUIET guitars (no PA needed for vocals). The B100R is loud enough at 50% to keep up with a drummer and 2 moderate guitars (PA vocals, cotton in my ears, small gig volume).

I have used it at bigger gigs with a line out into the PA and it as a monitor with a loud band.

The 50 is much more portable and fine for practicing by yourself at home. If you want to practice with others, get the B100.

3. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    I have a b-50r and it is fine for practice. We have drums, keys, guitar, sax, and trombone and I have never had to turn it up past halfway.