Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg Rocketbass B-100R

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JoeyZ, Jul 8, 2005.

1. JoeyZ

JoeyZ

May 9, 2005
    Has anyone had any recording expirience with these amps? I was given one by a buddy of mine who moved and couldn't take it with him...
    100 Watts isn't That much so im probably not going to use it at shows...

Also, Does it record decently?
    Should I mic it or use the line out into a mixing board?

[​IMG]

2. ESP-LTD

ESP-LTD

Sep 9, 2001
    Idaho
    I've recorded a bit with mine and done a few gigs using the line out. None of the recordings were anything special but the amp did ok. I've also mic'ed it for shows and it did fine. They are surprising loud.

3. Jeff O'Connor

Jeff O'Connor Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2004
    Stratford, CT
    Mic that baby and play away! This amp has saved my rump a number of times! HANG ON TO THAT AMP! It really sounds great!

4. loendmaestro

loendmaestro

Jan 15, 2004
    Vienna VA
    I bought mine with the intention of it being a cool sounding (and quite cool looking!) practice amp. But I've been doing some smaller gigs lately with a singer/songwriter chick & it's perfectly suited for that.
    Also, I want to experiment with it while recording. My "big rock" project is about to lay down a couple more songs & I want to mic it & see what we come up with. I'll post results as soon as it happens.

That amp stands as one of the most sensible purchases I have ever made...

5. jow83

jow83

Jun 3, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    I will be heaps interested in hearing how this turns out dude, I need a new practice amp but was looking for something that would also work as an alternate amp for recording. This was one of the amps on the shortlist.

6. loendmaestro

loendmaestro

Jan 15, 2004
    Vienna VA
    I'll let you know as soon as we do it...