Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg Satisfaction (or lack thereof)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Nightfall, Jul 1, 2002.

1. Nightfall

Nightfall

Jun 3, 2002
    east coast
    I've noticed a lot of people expressing disappointment with the volume output of the Ampeg SVT 3 Pro, among other things....how about the SVT 4 Pro? Anybody have any issues with that amp?

2. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    I had an svt3 pro for about three weeks before I traded it in on an Ampeg b4r. The reason I traded it was the gritty distortion in the tone. While i would like to have that tone some of the time to use on certain songs, I wouldn't want it all the time. some people do want that tone all the time (apples and oranges ) Anyway power or volume had nothing to do with my reasons for trading it. The person who has been claiming that these amps are over rated power wise has stated that he has no proof of this so use your own judgement. If you are really concerened about not being loud enough get the svt4 or a svp pre amp and the power amp of your liking. also if you are open to the idea of a solid state amp you might want to check out the B4r. happy shopping :D

3. Bass NW has a special on the Ampeg b5r for $599.00(only two left).I have heard great things about that head.The price is hard to beat too since they retail for $1100.00 or so.

Just an FYI

:)