1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ampeg SCR-DI and SansAmp VT Bass DI

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by noveltea93, May 28, 2018.

1. noveltea93

noveltea93

Feb 5, 2018
    Narrowed my search down to these two options (though also still somewhat tempted by para driver and EBS microbass II) and I was wondering which one handles other effects (primarily fuzz and distortion better). I know the tone differences between the two have been reviewed (though if you have thoughts feel free to share) but I don;t see much comparing the speaker emulation, or ability to handle distortion beyond what's built into the pedal.

2. birminghambass

birminghambass Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2002
    Birmingham, AL
    Go with the VT. More versatile, better quality (IMO), and plenty of headroom for whatever pedal you put in front of it. The Ampeg sounded great but did not like my hot basses at all.

3. Sillystrings

Sillystrings Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2018
    Californy
    There is a 15db pad switch inside the pedal if your signal is too hot. Kind of a shame you have to open it up to engage though.

4. birminghambass

birminghambass Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2002
    Birmingham, AL
    Did that, brought the level down so low it didn't drive my amp enough.

5. noveltea93

noveltea93

Feb 5, 2018
    Found a VT Bass DI for $140, snatched it up. Guess SansAmp is the industry standard for a reason. Looking forward to testing it out.

eriky4003 likes this.