1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ampeg SCR-Di distortion problem

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Keeshman556, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Keeshman556

Keeshman556

Aug 16, 2016
    Firstly, I apologize if this has been asked before, I couldn't find it when searching.

I have been using the ampeg scr-di for almost two years for home practicing with the headphone feature and its perfect for that. I was never a huge fan of the scrambler side as I found it too shrill or over the top. But I just noticed recently that the scrambler circuit will not distort like it used to. When I have both the drive and blend dimed there is a slight overdrive but not like the almost fuzz sounds I was used to. It's almost acting like a boost and not an overdrive/distortion.

Has anyone had this issue come up or have any suggestions for getting it looked at. I'm almost certain the warranty is up since I've had it for so long and I unfortunately do not have the skill to fix it myself.

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Apologies for not seeing this before. That's a bit tough to diagnose over the net. It could be different things. My advice would be to call or email Ampeg. They might have an idea.

Keeshman556 likes this.