1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ampeg SCR DI quality?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Lowtonejoe, Sep 26, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Pasco, WA
    I did a quick search and found a few posts but most of them were "For Sale" posts.
    :jawdrop:

Can anyone tell me if the DI on the Ampeg SCRDI is any good?

I need to plug it into a PA system and want to know if I should use it for that or run it into my Radial DI first?

TIA,

Joe.

2. I have an SCR-DI, and it sounds great! I would say that it captures the "essence" of the Ampeg tone. Reliable as all get out.

Some people expect something that it's not (magic, perhaps?). I bought it for what it was advertised that it could do- provide a solid Ampeg-based DI for live and recording.

I'm sure that guys like @JimmyM can vouch for it as well.

Not selling mine anytime soon...

3. Wanker_Joe

Wanker_Joe

Sep 26, 2017
    I love mine. Definitely sounds like an Ampeg. Well built and very clear sounding, and personally I find the Scrambler to be very usable when I need just a touch of dirt.
    Only thing I don't like about it is that to access the input pad you have to open the unit up (which is easy mind you), and then jumper it. Man, I haven't had to jumper anything since I was building computers in the mid 90s. I like the walk down memory lane, but it's kind of a stupid way to do it. (I have one bass that needs input padding otherwise it's clipping-city).

Lowtonejoe likes this.