1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. We are aware of an issue affecting search results for classifieds searches and advanced search functions.  Actively working on a fix, thanks for your patience!

Ampeg scr di screaming

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by tbird46553, Jun 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. tbird46553

tbird46553 Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2012
    North Central IN
    I just got an scr di off Reverb this week. It was advertised as "Mint". It came in original packaging sealed in a plastic bag with manual. It sounds great thru headphones but when I try to run out to my amp I get nothing but high pitched wailing. I've double checked my connections. Running to my amp using the unaffected "thru" out works fine. Anyone seen this before? I sent an email to support this morning.

2. freedomryder

freedomryder

Nov 21, 2012
    Seattle
    Are you using a power supply or batteries?
    When the battery goes dead on those they make a pretty awful screeching sound.

punchclock likes this.
  3. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    Yep. Change the battery or take it out and use a PS.

punchclock likes this.
  4. tbird46553

tbird46553 Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2012
    North Central IN
    That's the ticket. I'd forgotten I'd left it plugged in the night before. Power supply on the way. Thanks guys

punchclock, freedomryder and karla684 like this.
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 21, 2021