Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg Scroll Basses...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Starbucker, Jul 4, 2005.

1. Starbucker

Starbucker Guest

Jun 29, 2005
    Billings, MT
    Right now I'm visiting my cousin in St. Louis. When I started playing bass about 7 years ago, he coincidentally bought an Ampeg Scroll bass with a p.o.s. amp from his school for approx. $75. He never really got into playing it and right now, it's just sitting in his basement. I don't think he's even played it in years. I've offered to buy it from him and he seems interested. The thing is, neither of us have any idea whatsoever how much these things are worth. I was going to offer him about a hundred bucks and kind of make it a fix-up project, but I'm really not sure. Do any of you have any clue as to how much a bass like this one is worth?

Thanks

2. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    I don't really know what the going price on these are, but if he paid $75 for that and an amp, I wouldn't offer him more than $75.

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    They go for a pretty penny in good condition, not sure exactly how much though.

4. Steve

Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    about $900 bucks as long as its not beat to death. The original 35" scale bass. Very cool. And coincidenatally..the first bass I ever owned back in....1972

5. Starbucker

Starbucker Guest

Jun 29, 2005
    Billings, MT
    Nope. Fretted. It's in fairish/good condition, some of the paint on the headstock is worn, and I'm not sure about the electronics. He hasn't played it for awhile, but he said it sounded fine last time he plugged it in. Even if I did get it, it'd be a bad ass fixup project.

6. Zebra

Zebra

Jun 26, 2005
    The one I played at GC was well over a grand, if I recall, but I don't remember exactly.