Ampeg setting question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by swassguy, Aug 12, 2004.

1. Tomorrow night I'm playing an awards show in a really large theater. The show is going to be backlined so I won't be playing my usual setup. Check out my info to see about that. Ahh who cares - it's a '68 Fender Bassman head and a late 60's early 70's Sunn 2x15 cabinet.

The Amp I've been told I'll be using is an Ampeg, and I imagine since they'll be wanting to show off their wares it'll be an SVT and an 8x10 cabinet.

Here's where the problem starts. I played through a rig like this at a show a while back, and had horrible problems with my sound. I was expecting it to be huge - and had everything turned up - but I couldn't hear anything I was playing. My low notes and my high notes came out fine but the middle two strings (ones that I play a lot) couldn't be heard at all.

I know that my amp is best at creating those mid and low mid tones - the ones that I lost using the ampeg. Going into this show what how can I tweak the settings on this SVT to start to get more of the sound that I'm used to?

Keep in mind I'm playing two songs at an awards show, so it's not like I have hours and hours to fiddle with it...

Thanks in advance!
  2. If you have any advice I'd really appreciate it...