Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg Skunkworks Amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pierce, Aug 31, 2004.

1. pierce

pierce freethinker

May 25, 2000
    San Francisco, Ca
    Hey ampeg lovers,

http://www.craigslist.org/pen/msg/41004465.html

I think this is one of those "skunkworks" ampegs that i hear ppl looking for. might want to check with kingofamps, or another ampeg expert. (not me. i just bought my first ampeg yesterday)

i am not affiliated with the person selling, just passing it along for those of you not in sf.

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I e-mailed the seller.

-Mike

3. notanaggie

notanaggie Guest

Sep 30, 2003
    Yep, another one of them.

4. Is this the same as this amp?
    http://muziek.2dehands.be/fotos/6409217.jpg
    Sombody's selling this thing, would this be a better purchase than a new SVT-CL or SVT-2PRO? (I've been looking into these 2 heads for my new rig)

5. That is the same amp, and yes it would sound much better than a SVT-CL or 2 Pro IMHO.

6. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    Just FYI--there was an Ebay auction 1-2 months ago with #001 of 500 (still in great shpae) and it ended up going for, if I recall correctly, $1270. I didn't look to see what this one's going for, but I thought I'd throw that out there for your information. I've also heard that in Europe these things can get up to the $3000-$3500 range.

7. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    Holy crap! $800?

Do it. You could get it totally serviced and re-tubed and still make money on it.

8. pierce

pierce freethinker

May 25, 2000
    San Francisco, Ca

so, did a tb'er pic this up? i hope so.

if so, how is it working out. throw out a review for us.

9. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago