1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ampeg slip covers

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fmfisdead, Aug 26, 2007.

1. fmfisdead

fmfisdead

Jun 11, 2007
    Hey guys, anywhere that you could recommend getting slip covers for a SVT-CL head and an 8x10? I tried searching around google a bit and nothing really seemed that promising or trustworthy. Thanks!

2. fmfisdead

fmfisdead

Jun 11, 2007
    Just giving this a bump, if nobody knows what I'm talking about my guitar player plays mesa and has like a nylon sort of cover that he just slips over his cab and head to prevent scratches.

Everytime I take the cab and head out it seems like there is a new scratch so all I want is some sort of nylon type cover if anybody knows what I'm talking about. I searched a little while back and I found some on a site but I can't find it anymore.

they are like this: http://mesa.stores.yahoo.net/mesboogguits.html

3. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    Most any (auto or home) upholstery shop could easily make those out of any material you wanted.

4. jambassist

jambassist

Sep 1, 2002
    Easton, PA
    go here: www.lecover.com. larry makes great stuff at good prices with fast service. for the cl head, i suggest you get it padded. that's what i did and i was very happy with it. i don't have a cover for the 810 cause i have to tip/flip/slide to get in in my car. i cover would just get in the way for me. when i'm not using it, i just throw a sheet over it.

5. fmfisdead

fmfisdead

Jun 11, 2007
  6. fishstix

fishstix

Feb 28, 2006
    Wisconsin
    Try Tuki covers, http://www.tukicovers.com. I've got one for my SVT-CL head and love it. I'm not sure as to the 810 cover though, (it looks like it may get in the way of the tilt back style wheels). My wife has offered to make me one for the 810 out of some heavy fabric and I might just wait for her to do that.
    Also, Ampeg does carry covers on their website.

7. fmfisdead

fmfisdead

Jun 11, 2007
    You know what, I actually did just find that and they look pretty nice and they probably obviously fit great. Only thing that kinda sucks is that the 810 cover seems to be on backorder. And as far as I know they take forever when its back ordered.

8. snappytom

snappytom

Aug 17, 2005
    ChicagoLand
  9. Uziel

Uziel

Sep 2, 2003
    France
    i had a tuki cover for my 810E, it is shaped to fit de back of the cab, so no problem with the casters ;)

10. Jazzman

Jazzman

Nov 26, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
  11. Lagaupia

Lagaupia

Apr 23, 2007
    RI
    +1 great source for anything ampeg aftermarket...

12. fmfisdead

fmfisdead

Jun 11, 2007
    Hey guys, all of these sites are great thank you.

I just want to get your opinions on padded vs not covers. I'm thinking to myself, why get padded because anything thats likely to cause damage to the cabinet would probably do it padded or no. I've been traveling around with gear for the last 7 years and thats just my take on it but does anyone have any other experience that suggests otherwise?

I feel like I should go with the padding just to be careful, but I don't really want to spend the extra money if I don't need it. I'm only looking to protect from scratches.

13. fishstix

fishstix

Feb 28, 2006
    Wisconsin
    Padded for sure. Pertaining to scratches, it would be harder to gouge something in a padded cover than non-padded. When you're dealing with heavy equipment those little scratches become gouges real easy.