1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg Speaker Replacement

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Craig Duncan, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Craig Duncan

Craig Duncan

Jan 31, 2016
    So I have a Ampeg Ba-210 v2 Ampeg: Bass Amp Series - BA-210 and i love the amp but iv had an issue with one of the speakers distorting massively at higher volumes, i believe this is because the speaker itself is broken and the cone is slightly to large for the housing creating friction as the speaker moves. Anyway does anybody have a suggestion on how to fix this amp, and/ or what speaker i could replace the broken one with. Note that its not a super expensive amp so i dont want to spend loads on a new speaker.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated, Craig

john b carvalho likes this.
  2. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    IMO, your best bet is the original speaker from Ampeg.

3. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I agree with that. And know that it's quite possible to blow your speakers with that amp in the combo.

4. High Camp

High Camp

Oct 3, 2013
    Netherlands
    There are a couple of threads regarding this matter, including upgrades.
    Here's one of them:
    Ampeg BA-110 Speaker Replacement?

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 26, 2020