1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ampeg stack

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by amdavila, Oct 30, 2006.

1. amdavila

amdavila

Jun 22, 2006
    Leander, Tx
    I just came upon the svt 15en in the middle...couldn't resist posting. I finally love the tone I'm getting from the v4 pro, and I found that I've got enough power now to play outdoors. I biamped the 15 to the high freqs and the 4x10hlf to the lows...good stuff!
    ampedstack.JPG

2. Tim1

Tim1

Sep 9, 2005
    New Zealand
    I have to ask - surely it would have made more sense to run the lows to the 15 and the highs to the 410???

3. well the 410hlf is tuned "lower" thats why it's called HLF , (horn, low frequency) ;) also the 410 has a higher power capacity the 15 incher is only 200 watts.

4. Tim1

Tim1

Sep 9, 2005
    New Zealand
    Aha - thank you.

5. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    Maybe, unless you like the tonal character of highs through a 15, something that is WAY underrated, or the tonal character of lows through a 410, which is well known.

Is that 15" sealed?

What frequencies are delivered to which driver? I mean, where's the cutoff?

6. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Too much hip thrust
    Whatever sounds good to you man.

I'd imagine you'd get more clarity if you forgoed the bi-amping all together, or switched it around. But maybe you are going for a more old school big round sound.

7. amdavila

amdavila

Jun 22, 2006
    Leander, Tx
    Hey guys,
    Thanks for all of the posts...didn't mean to stir up any trouble! Actually, I tried biamping the highs to the 4x10 and lows to the 4x10, and it sucked up too much power but sounded ok. That 4x10hlf is really low, apparently down to 28hz.
    More info on the 15: the stock speaker was replaced with a 4ohm eminence driver that can handle 600w program 300rms. Got it for cheap on craigslist!
    El Bajista: the 15 is ported, and I'll have to see what I have the crossover set at...can't remember, but I played with it briefly to get a good round sound. I'm playing in a blues-rock band with a loud guitarist and drummer, so I wanted to cut through!

8. Ale

Ale

Jul 5, 2006
    Europe
    Endorsing Artist: IGiG Cases
    Beautiful rig you got there ...