1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Ampeg SVP-CL preamp and QSC PLX2-1804 amp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by grovest, Sep 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grovest

grovest

Feb 26, 2002
    (SOLD)

Hi All,

I put this rig together 3 years ago when I finally decided to scratch that "rack rig" itch. I'd now like to sell these units together along with rack bag or SKB rack to raise cash for other interests.

The Ampeg SVP-CL is basically the 'clean' Ampeg tube sound. Mid freq control, low end voice and a straight ahead EQ give some tonal latitude. A classic sound. I bought this pre in good condition from TB from its second owner.

The QSC PLX 1804 is the BOMB! You trade the ability to run 2 Ohm and bridge for light weight! But it's still a bonafide stereo amp which you can run two parallel 4 ohm loads on up to 900 watts per side. Incidentally, the Ampeg pre has dual outputs, so you could feed both power amp sides simultaneously from the same source. :bassist: I bought this new from Guitar Center and it went straight in to the rack.

The rack bag I bought new- it's a very good quality 3U Protec with roadwear. The zipper pulls on the main compartments wore off but the zippers still work dandy. I just used the rig on Thursday. :)

For an additional $25 I'll swap the components into an also well-traveled 3U SKB hardshell case I bought on TB.

Of course included are power cables for both, I'll include a Monster interconnect between the pre and power amp and a good quality 10' Speakon to Speakon speaker cable!

This price INCLUDES professional packaging and shipping at the UPS Store. :bassist:

$800, Paypal, shipped in the lower 48.

I'll update with manuals and more photos and blah blah if someone hasn't snatched up this awesome deal soon. :D

ampegqscfront.gif

ampegqscback.gif

2. Art Araya

Art Araya

May 29, 2006
    Palm Coast, FL
    bump for the SVPCL. I own this and it's a very good tube preamp. It's basically the preamp section of an SVT. 5 tubes worth of gooey tube tone.

3. grovest

grovest

Feb 26, 2002
    Howdy guys,

In response to PMs, I should have clarified that I want to try selling the pieces together. The price reflects high value to you in exchange for my convenience. :hyper:

Check out the manuals for the gear: PLX2 Series, and SVP-CL.

4. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    What's the total weight of the rack?
    And where in OR are you? If you're Portland ish, I would probably just come pick it up some weekend if it's a fit.

5. grovest

grovest

Feb 26, 2002
    Just weighed it on the scale in the Protec: 33 lbs. PM'd

6. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    PM replied to. 33 lbs is a niiiice number.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 7, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.