1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg SVP-CL Preamp - Near mint

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by bassman10096, Sep 23, 2008.

1. bassman10096

bassman10096

Jul 30, 2004
    MKE
    SOLD -

Here are the details: My preamp is listed on Ebay already, but I would prefer to sell to a TB'er. I'd like to get at least $450 plus shipping. Please contact me directly with offers. Thanks

PLEASE NOTE: I AM WILLING TO SHIP THIS ITEM ONLY TO US OR CANADA. MY APOLOGIES FOR ANY CONFUSION THIS MAY HAVE CAUSED ANY TB'ER. BILL

Ampeg SVP-CL – Classic SVT bass sound in a rack preamp
    Grind and punch plus sweet, clean tube sound - All in one rack space!
    Excellent condition, kept racked – Only one year out of the box

One of the best tube rackmount bass preamps ever made. All US-made. No longer manufactured and getting very hard to find.

The rich sound and legendary performance of the classic AMPEG SVT are redefined in the SVP-CL. It is true to the design of an early-70’s SVT with the addition of modern tone-shaping and output selection. Combining the classic vibrance of tubes with unsurpassed, US-made quality and reliability, it offers the best of both worlds.

The SVP-CL all-tube preamp is based on the preamp section of the 70's era SVT tube head. The signal path through the (2)12AX7 and (2)12AU7 tubes accurately replicates the original 12DW7 tube design. The 5-position Ultra Low control allows you to fine tune your tone in the range from 600Hz down. Simple, clean, unmistakable Ampeg tube-tone, all in one rack space.

I bought it unused from a former US Ampeg engineer in June, 2007. It is very clean - kept racked the whole time and, apart from one faint mar on the top (from removing it from its rack space), it is not scratched or showing any cosmetic signs of wear. I love the sound and features of this preamp, but have downsized my rig and can’t afford to keep two full sets of gear. As much as I wish I could afford to keep this beauty, my loss will become your gain. Original manual is included.
    Features

MASTER VOLUME AND GAIN CONTROLS
    PAD SWITCH: A switchable input pad, this feature is perfect for basses with active electronics or very “hot” pickups (page 4)
    PEAK: LED flashes when the signal level into the preamp approaches clipping.
    MUTE SWITCH, TUNER OUTPUT JACK: Lets you cut the sound from the amp, letting you tune your bass in private (page 4,5)
    TREBLE, MID AND BASS CONTROLS, with added refinements which supply preset boost and cut:
    5-POSITION ULTRA LOW SWITCH: Five different settings for the Ultra Low provide the ultimate in bottom end response
    ULTRA HIGH AND BRIGHT SWITCHES: Lets you tailor your high frequency response in many different ways “with the touch of a button”
    5-POSITION MIDRANGE SELECTOR: Take your pick from the five center frequency points available to get just the right midrange voice
    ยท TRANSFORMER BALANCED LINE OUTPUT: Lets you send a high quality line level signal to the house mixing board, a recording console, or another amplifier - switchable for pre or post EQ with switchable ground lift (page 5)

Check out the Owners Manual here: http://www.ampeg.com/pdf/SVPCL.pdf

Here are five good reasons to buy this preamp:
    It has that signature Ampeg tube tone, plus other sweet tube tones.
    Ampeg doesn’t make this wonderful preamp any more, and there aren’t many floating around in the used marketplace.
    The SVP CL was among Ampeg’s last models built in the USA. Ampeg’s current models of bass amps, preamps, cabs, etc., are made in China or Viet Nam.
    It is simple and straightforward to use.
    NOTE: Original posting said the amp was 230 V switchable - It is not. Sorry.

2. bassman10096

bassman10096

Jul 30, 2004
    MKE
    Wed AM bump...

3. I love mine and will probably keep it for a long time. The tone is great...it is the tone I have been looking for!

4. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Just as a heads-up, TB has some very particular rules about when an Ebay auction can be posted here. Good luck with the sale though, I owned one of these and it was a great pre!