Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg SVP CL

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassman69, Mar 23, 2005.

1. bassman69

bassman69

Mar 13, 2005
    Youngstown, OH
    Just seen someone on Ebay who is selling and svpcl preamp, but in the description he goes on to say that this a discontinued item, any truth to this. Ampeg has discontinued the svpcl.

thanks

2. If so apparently nobody has told Ampeg. They still have it on their site.

3. Maybe its been replaced with the SVP Pro ?

4. Joe Beets

Joe Beets Guest

Nov 21, 2004
    I wish I could get the B1RE in a preamp. Only three knobs to screw with: bass, mid and treble. I sent back the SVP-CL because it looked like it would be a bother taking it apart and switching out that annoying green light for a blue one. :meh:

5. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    but it is blue...for a few seconds. ;)

6. Joe Beets

Joe Beets Guest

Nov 21, 2004
    When I first got it and turned it on the Ampeg logo lit up blue, pale, but blue. I was awful excited. Then after about 20 seconds it turned green. No matter how good it may have sounded, I'd always be wishing for a blue light. This would distract me from my bass playing and could eventually cause a nervous breakdown. So I boxed it back up and back it went. :crying:

7. I dont believe so, but as always, theres a good chance Im wrong. As far as I know, the SVP CL just recently (1 year maybe?) came out, and the SVP Pro's been out a while.

The green light IS quite annoying, to me anyways. Everyone else who has seen it in my rack setup comments on how cool it looks. Guess its just a matter of opinion

8. Jerrold Tiers

Jerrold Tiers

Nov 14, 2003
    St Louis
    It is listed as a stock item (meaning we currently make it) in the manufacturing database. It doesn't get much more definite that we still make it than that.

It must be true, I read it on ebay.........

9. mikeyvr6

mikeyvr6 Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2002
    Plymouth, Wisconsin
    Not to be a jerk or anything, but I've gotta say this is one of the most superficial things I've ever heard. Are you like the Jim Morrison of bassists or something? Can't bear to face the crowd so you have to stare at your rig? :rolleyes:

To each his own I guess...