1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Ampeg SVP Pro Preamp- $450

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Phantomfears, Aug 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phantomfears

Phantomfears Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2012
    Seattle
    Up for sale is my Ampeg SVP Pro Preamp. This preamp is all tube. From the owner's manual:

In the world of high performance bass amps, Ampeg’s SVT amplifiers stand alone. Keeping with true Ampeg tradition, the SVP-PRO Bass Preamp offers you more performance and flexibility than any other preamp in its class. Listed below are some of the outstanding features of your new preamp - features which set it apart from the competition! Additional information on these features can be found on the pages indicated.

• PAD: A switchable input pad, this feature is perfect for basses with active electronics or very “hot” pickups;

• MUTE SWITCH: Allows you to tune your bass in private;

• ULTRA LOW, ULTRA HIGH AND BRIGHT SWITCHES: Lets you tailor the sound to suit your tastes “with the touch of a button”;

• 5-POSITION MIDRANGE SELECTOR: Five center frequency points are available to get just the right midrange voice;

• 9-BAND GRAPHIC EQ: Shapes the sound to your own exacting standards (or use it as a “second channel” for bass solos). An independent level control lets you adjust
    the Graphic EQ volume. Switchable at front panel or with a footswitch;

• TRANSFORMER BALANCED OUT: Electrically isolate your system from the PA or recording mixer to eliminate ground loop hum

Here is a pic with the SVP Pro in my rack (I am also selling the Pod XT Pro in another listing if you are interested). I am letting this go for $450 shipped CONUS. Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

2. Phantomfears

Apr 1, 2012
    Seattle
    Here is an isolated picture of the preamp!

Attached Files:

3. 5string_phunk

5string_phunk Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    How does the pre match up to the Carvin power amp?? I am thinking about getting into the pre/power rack setup and this pre and power amp combo is high on the list!

4. Phantomfears

Apr 1, 2012
    Seattle
    I got a great sound using the Ampeg out into the effects input to the Pod XT Pro, then bi-amped using the crossover in the Pod sending the highs and lows to 1x18 and 2x10s. It sounded awesome. Just the right amount of tubeyness but plenty of power.

Also, I have used the Ampeg and the Carvin alone with a 4x10 to get that Ampeg growl. The best thing about this preamp is the "Drive" knob. I think there is one tube dedicated to this knob that when you turn it all the way up, it gets a really nice growl...:bassist:

5. goldenglory18

goldenglory18 Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Amateur. Take my advice for its resale value.
    This is the same preamp the 4 Pro is built with, no?

If so, this is one of my favorite tones of all time...

6. Phantomfears

Apr 1, 2012
    Seattle
    Yes, this preamp has great Ampeg tone!

7. Phantomfears

Apr 1, 2012
    Seattle
    Bump-Shipping now included in price.

8. Phantomfears

Apr 1, 2012
    Seattle
    Bump- $450 shipped!

9. VeganThump

VeganThump

Jun 29, 2012
    South Jersey
    Trades?

10. Phantomfears

Apr 1, 2012
    Seattle
    Trying to build up funds for another bass but I will consider anything...send me a PM.

11. Phantomfears

Apr 1, 2012
    Seattle
    Some interesting trade offers but this beast is still available!

12. Phantomfears

Apr 1, 2012
    Seattle
    Some interesting trade offers but this Tube Monster is still available!

13. Phantomfears

Apr 1, 2012
    Seattle
    Still available!!

14. Phantomfears

Apr 1, 2012
    Seattle
    Bump!

15. Phantomfears