1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Ampeg SVP-Pro Preamp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by The Diaper Geni, Jan 22, 2015.

1. The Diaper Geni

The Diaper Geni Submissive. And loving it. Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2005
    Central Ohio
    Price:
    $375
    Single space Ampeg tube goodness! Seriously: These things kick butt.

A solid Very Good condition. XLR sounds great. Absolutely no issues at all. Just time for a new toy.

$375 shipped/insured. Not looking for trades, but tire kickers are always welcome.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
    Rnb4003 likes this.
  2. Rnb4003

Rnb4003

Oct 14, 2014
    New Jersey
    Pics

3. The Diaper Geni

Nov 22, 2005
    Central Ohio
    Pics added.

Rnb4003 likes this.
  4. bluesrx

bluesrx Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2006
    Lakeland, Fl.
    Any hum or hiss from this unit... ?

5. The Diaper Geni

Nov 22, 2005
    Central Ohio
    None. Tubes were changed to Groove Tubes by the original owner. (Click to see thread that I purchased the Ampeg from.) From what I've read a tube change with quality tubes takes care of any noise issues these units might have? Not a "tube guy" so somebody with more knowledge may chime in.

This is a killer unit. GREAT tone shaping from the Gain and Drive stages alone. Then GREAT tone shaping from the EQ stage following that and then GREAT tone shaping from the graphic EQ. I rarely went beyond the Gain/Drive stage. For URB I would add some high end to hear the attack of the strings. But that's about it.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  6. bluesrx

Mar 31, 2006
    Lakeland, Fl.
    Link not working..

7. bluesrx

Mar 31, 2006
    Lakeland, Fl.
    Nevermind... I found the previous sale thread.

8. Pickebass

Pickebass Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    This is a great unit! It was mine. Good tubes make a huge difference in this unit. It is a great sounding and super warm pre... you're gonna like it!

The Diaper Geni likes this.
  9. The Diaper Geni

Nov 22, 2005
    Central Ohio
    Fixed. Thanks for letting me know!

10. bluesrx

Mar 31, 2006
    Lakeland, Fl.
    Thinking seriously about this...

11. The Diaper Geni

Nov 22, 2005
    Central Ohio
    I've had a few questions about "hum" and "hiss". I guess some of these units are known to do that and the tube switch is the cure? Again, those with more insight are invited to correct me.

I can, honestly, say I have not detected any hum, hiss, squeal, moan, groan or any form of inappropriate language out of this thing. I have used it regularly through a Mackie 1608 Mixer using a good set of IEM's, and also at home through a cheap-ish Yamaha mixer and cheap-ish Event studio monitors. I gig regularly and practice (almost) daily and it has performed flawlessly. No noise. Notta. Nothing. Nuttin'. Zero. Zilch. The big doughnut. Sh*t, it sounds damn good with a Full Circle equipped upright, too.

If you're looking for a great unit to use and gig with at a good price, this is it. If you're looking to record on a large budget project with the second runner up of the 2012 season of The Voice, pass on this and go with the engineer's choice of studio preamp.

Now, if you buy this thing and it hums, hisses, squeals, moans, groans and curses like a dementia patient getting their feeding tube replaced, then I will buy this back. We'll split return shipping.

I hope this clears up any questions. Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  12. bluesrx

Mar 31, 2006
    Lakeland, Fl.
    PM'd

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 7, 2021