1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Ampeg SVP-Pro preamp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by JoelFT, Apr 21, 2015.

1. JoelFT

JoelFT Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Newnan, GA
    Price:
    $300
    I just bought two of these preamps here in the classifieds but, it turns out, I only need one. I seriously considered running both as seperate channels. One clean and the other dirty because, the overdrive is just fantastic.

When I bought them one had some scratchiness in the main preamp output (there was none out of the post EQ DI). So, I cleaned the jacks and did some serious tube rolling to see if that helped. Well, lo and behold, one of those fixes worked! I've been playing through it for the past few days and it sounds perfect. No snap, crackle, pop or even hiss (unlike a lot of other SVPs).

The final tube layout is:
    V1 - Sovtec 12ax7wa
    V2 - JJ 12ax7 ECC83S
    V3 - Sovtec 12ax8wa
    V4 - Hot Rods 12au7
    V5 - Sovtec 12ax7wa

That JJ could really go anywhere. That was just the way I left it last time I buttoned it up. I like it better there than in V1 honestly.

This bad boy is not much to look at. It's around twenty years old after all. But, it's built like a tank and, if you're after that SVT tone this gets you real close at a small fraction of the weight.

Price is $300 shipped CONUS. image. image. image. image.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015